Release 1.0.5?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Aug 17 23:07:55 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> Maybe bug #73, too ? (libldap and libsasl problems)

  Sounds good.  I don't use LDAP, so I can't test it.

  On another note, I'm in the process of cleaning up the module
interface.  Re-arranging elements in structures, adding sanity checks,
etc.  I'm getting rid of the "init" and "destroy" methods, as I don't
think any use of them makes sense.  So far, the only modules using
them are:

  rlm_unix: register Group comparisons
	not needed, because there should be only one instance
	of the "unix" module

  rlm_perl: link to global perl interpretor
	fixed by initializing ptr to NULL, and then linking if !NULL

  rlm_otp: initialize random stuff
	NOT fixed!
	The "State" attribute should be generated by a server core function

  I'll commit this later today.  Then, I'll like to add CONF_PARSER
entries to the module_t, so that when the "instantiate" routine is
called, the module gets handed a pre-populated data structure.
Similarly on detach, the data structure can be cleaned up
automagically.