[Openswan dev] Openswan 2.3.1/2.4.0rc1 instability with L2TP

Norbert Wegener nw at sbs.de
Sun Aug 21 18:01:45 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

>Norbert Wegener <nw at sbs.de> wrote:
>

>>I can confirm this  behaviour for 2.4.0rc1 with KLIPS and the actual
>>version of freeradius.

>  FreeRADIUS uses the Framed-MTU attribute to calculate how much data
>to send to the client.  Unfortunately, the calculation is probably a
>little wrong.
>
>  In the short term set the "fragment_size" in eap.conf to a smaller
>value, and it should work.
>
>  I think a patch for 1.0.5 would be good.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Maybe this solves one part of the problem, but that alone does not help.
I have tried different fragment_sizes. The results differs, but in no
case I do get the l2tp/ppp session authenticated.
I put the logs at http://www.wegener-net.de/freeradius, where you can
see the differences. The filename ends with the involved fragment size.
Which more information should I provide?

Norbert Wegener