i need init and destroy

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 23 17:28:20 CEST 2005

Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
> Looks like the init and destroy methods went away 5 days ago.  My module
> (rlm_otp) needs them.

  Yes.  It was discussed here, but I meant to email you privately.

> - How was this tested?  struct module_t rlm_otp still contains these
>   methods.  How can this even compile?

  I delete rlm_otp from the makefile.

> - What are the chances of getting these back?  I can do something
>   like pthread_once(otp_init()) and add a refcount to cleanup in detach,
>   but really, init and destroy are superior.

  I'm not convinced any module needs them.  The other modules that
used them could be modified easily to not use them.  I took a quick
look through rlm_otp, and didn't see anything that struck me as a
show-stopper.

  If necessary, they can be added back, but I'd like to know what
rlm_otp is doing with them, and if another approach is equivalent.