LDAP module locks

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Aug 31 00:42:39 CEST 2005

Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
> > In ldap_get_conn(), conns[i].locked must
> > not be tested until after a lock is obtained.
>
> fixed in rlm_ldap.c#1.156 but I don't know how to propagate this change
> to 1.0.5 candidate.

  Looking at the code, I'm not even sure that the "locked" member is
appropriate for a threaded environment.  It could probably be deleted.

  For non-threading mode, the LDAP module can't be using multiple
connections, because it can only be called once.  For threading mode,
the mutexes protect the data structure.

  The "locked" member should be deleted, unless I'm missing something.