IPv4 strvalue

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sun Dec 11 22:13:35 CET 2005

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> It seems the following patch solves the problem for me, is it safe to
> apply it to the CVS ? (I'm unsure if lvalue or strvalue is used like
> this elsewhere)

  Not really.  The patch works, and is not a bad idea.

  However, generally it would be good to *not* do this.  It's a hack
so that people can do regex matches on IP addresses.  I hacked the CVS
head to fix this a while back, and that hasn't been back-ported to 1.1.x.

  I would say add this patch to 1.1.x, *and* fix src/lib/print.c, to
print out the IP address.  Right now, it assumes that vp->strvalue is
the printed form of the IP, which is not always right.