PAP failure

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 7 20:31:25 CEST 2005

"Batta, Anurag" <Anurag_Batta at usr.com> wrote:
> modcall: entering group authorize for request 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
> modcall: group authorize returns noop for request 0

  You've deleted all of the modules other than "chap" from the
"authorize" section.

  Where is the server supposed to get a "known good" password, to
authenticate the user?  The "chap" module doesn't query a database.

  In addition, you're sending it a PAP request, not CHAP.  So I'm not
sure what you're trying to do.

  Please start off using the default configuration of "radiusd.conf".
It works.  Then, edit it slowly, testing after every edit, in order to
get to the configuration you want.