More GPL issues: anyone have a Zyzel box?

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Thu Jun 9 10:53:26 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   They're running FreeRADIUS, too.  If they're following the GPL, we
> can list them on the web page as a "success", so people know the
> software works in commercial environments.
>
>   If they're not following the GPL, we should send a nice letter to
> them, too.

I downloaded this file on their website:
http://www.zyxel.fr/files.cfm?action=download&keyword=radius&id=12191&lang=f

You get a file Vantage_Radius50_V1_00\(ZD_0\)C0_Standard.zip and
inside the archive there is a binary Vantage.bin.

$ strings Vantage.bin | grep -i freeradius
#o|dictionary.freeradius
freeradius
f40fa4760e67ca6a6f0f34351b5b5e38  freeradius-1.0.0-pre2-V1.00(ZD.0)C0.tar.gz

It's not just the log messages, there is no doubt they are
running FreeRADIUS!

--
Nicolas Baradakis