Copyright infringement and GPL violation in tinypeap

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at PObox.com
Fri Jun 10 07:36:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:40:18PM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Dean Anderson <dean at av8.com> wrote:
> > You've already sent a deadline; our lawyers always advise against
> > specific deadlines until you've established all the facts, ultimately in a
> > lawyers conference.

>   Email notices from non-lawyers are a polite "wake the heck up", with
> the hope that they will do the right thing.  They have meaning to
> polite people, but little meaning to intentional thieves.

>   The next step, as you said, is to bring in the big sticks.  We will
> be doing that.

And for those who've never heard of it (I hadn't):
http://www.gpl-violations.org/
which is slow to load initially, but might be worth a look.

The events page is out of date, but the news items are current.
Also, the webmaster's blog at
http://gnumonks.org/~laforge/weblog/linux/gpl-violations/index.html
is active, so the project's not dead or even stalled.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.