Debian and FreeRADIUS CVS (and Subversion, peripherally)

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at PObox.com
Wed Jun 22 10:39:53 CEST 2005

Just a quick question.

Is it OK if I start tagging things into CVS for the debian/ directory to
match what actually got uploaded into Debian?

I've just started using dpatch for Debian, which means all the changes
except the removal of the RFCs Debian cannot distribute are localised
into the debian/ directory.

At this point I'm thinking I'll just tag stuff in debian/, so to get a
CVS tree matching the upload, you have to pull the appropriate
release_1_0_4-tagged tree, and then change tags to debian_1_0_4_1 (for
example, the version I just had uploaded into Debian).

This would effectively mean I am branching debian/ at every release...
Hmm. Maybe I ought to wait until the CVS archive is subversioned (or
something else distributed) so I don't have to be doing it to the main
repository? (This of course opens a whole different can of worms...)

I'll have a think about this some more, and try and get some kind of
more detailed idea going for review before I actually do anything, plus
it means I can include a document if anyone else takes over the debian/
maintenance and Debian packaging.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.