Radius client library with similar functionality to Cisco?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 28 03:33:38 CEST 2005

David Stanaway <david at dialmex.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had come across a radius client library with
> similar functionality to cisco IOS (multiple radius server groups,
> broadcast or failover group configuration, configurable retry delay, and
> number of retries, etc...)?

  Not really.  The closest *any* free code comes is what's in
FreeRADIUS, and that's built into the server, not into the library.

  There's the issue of how you represent the data, and get it into/out
of the library, among others.

  The library in FreeRADIUS is a dumb RADIUS library, but the server
builds all of that functionality on top of it.  It probably would be a
good idea to move much of what you're talking about into the library,
though.