SEGV when running out of database connection handles

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Nov 1 19:17:05 CET 2005

Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> Anyone aware of a possible SEGV bug in rlm_sql under case of repeated
> auth/acct packets but no available connections to mysql? (the database
> server was stopped for an upgrade)

  I haven't seen that.  The code *should* be OK.

  As time goes on, I'm starting to see more and more of a need for an
automated source code analysis tool.  None of the free ones I've seen
do what I want, but there's at least one commercial one that looks close.

  An analysis tool could answer this question trivally.  "if
conditions X, Y, and Z are met, line #A deferences a NULL pointer".