Include file nonsense..

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Nov 10 19:28:10 CET 2005

Michael Griego <mgriego at utdallas.edu> wrote:
> Would that be better than just adding a hierarchy layer under the
> src/include directory?

  Yeah, except CVS doesn't handle directories very well.

> Then your include line looks like:
> #include <freeradius/includefile.h>

  And what happens when we install include files?  I want to have
*blatant* separation between include files need to build the server,
and include files needed to link to libradius.  That's why I went with
<freeradius-devel/...> as the distinguishing name, rather than
<freeradius/...>

> and your CFLAGS line looks like:
> CFLAGS += -I$(top_builddir)/src/include
>
> I think this would be more along the lines of what other projects do and
> possibly a little less confusing.

  Sure, but see my comments about CVS above.

  I don't think the hack I proposed is too atrocious, and we can
always update the directory tree once the #include references have
been edited.