Include file nonsense..

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Nov 10 19:41:08 CET 2005

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest to always use #include <freeradius/file.h>

  I'm just a little paranoid about files that the server needs to
build itself, but which aren't needed by anyone using libradius.

> In src/include/Makefile, we would install the files avalaible for
> everyone in /usr/include/freeradius, and just ignore the files
> only needed to build the server.

  Except when you install files from version X, and try to build files
with version Y.  They get confused.  This is exactly the behavior
we're seeing on Solaris, where it finds "md5.h", and as a result,
doesn't use the one needed to build the server.

  Sure.  I'll take a look at adding versioning information in the
header files, which should help address some issues, but won't solve
them all.

  My $0.0.2 is that the server code should use
<freeradius-devel/file.h> during build time, and the installed header
files should be in /usr/include/freeradius, and include each other as
<freeradius/file.h>.  This make take some install-time hacks, but I
think it's worth it.

  I've got a Perl script to do the replacement, so it's pretty easy to
swap one scheme for another.