Maybe a 1.1.0?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Nov 30 00:05:13 CET 2005

  I've taken a quick look at porting a few features from the CVS head
to 1.0.x.  Specifically, the new dictionaries, dictionary parser, and
the weird VSA handling.  So far, it looks like it works.

  Should I commit it to 1.0.x, for maybe 1.0.6?  Or make a 1.1.x
branch off of 1.0.x, and call the new code 1.1.0?

  It's been over a year since 1.0 was released, and having a 1.1.0
with a few new features would be cool.  We could also back-port a few
other things, like some of the module cleanups.  These should be
relatively easy to back-port, and can have significant useful impact
for people running the server.

  In the mean time, the CVS head can continue with it's re-writes, and
IPv6 work.  Also, having a 1.1.0 with a few minor changes means that
the step to 2.x is less problematic.

  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Rocks & bricks?