PEAP issues

Batta, Anurag Anurag_Batta at usr.com
Mon Oct 17 08:11:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have two freeradius implementations running on the exact same setup. First, on a standard Linux PC and second which I ported to an embedded machine. I try to authenticate a client using TTLS and it works on both implementations. However PEAP does not work on the second. I compared the debug logs between the two and they are same till the point when the Access Point sends a ACCESS REQ packet. Till this point there is an exchange of about 6 requests in both. And both implementations get to process those 6 requests successfuly. However, on the embedded machine, freeradius keeps waiting for a ACCESS REQ after successful tunnel negotiations but never gets it.

Does anyone have some idea what may be going on ? Attached are the logs. You can see that in peaplinux, there is an ACCESS ACCEPT at the end however in the "peapother" there is none. Another thing is that config files are also the same in both setups.

Thanks.

Anurag

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you.  U. S. Robotics