TIMEOUT requests && then Duplicate Requests && then Threads block

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Oct 17 20:43:32 CEST 2005

Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> >   If that works for you, I'll commit a fix.
>
> Appears to work great.

  OK.  I've committed a fix.

  I also think I'll move the queue (fifo) to to src/lib, and set up
multiple fifo's in threads.c.  This could help server stability in
overload situations.

  e.g. Handle responses from proxies FIRST, then EAP (ongoing
conversations), and finally brand new requests.

  In an overload situation, it's better to drop new requests on the
floor than to drop partially finished conversations.

  My only concern is starvation, but I think that can be addressed.