FreeRADIUS CVS->{BZR,Hg} migration consideration

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Sep 14 17:35:49 CEST 2005

Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com> wrote:
> If you're willing to do that, it would be much easier, and I suspect
> better. I could also practice with Tailor on a faster machine than my
> web server. ^_^

  I can get you a tar file, too.  I've occasionally rsync'd the
repository in the past.

> The main reason I've rejected Subversion so far (despite having actually
> been leaning towards it twelve months ago, last time I raised this) is
> that it's not distributed.

  And it has *huge* dependencies.

> It basically fails to meet my usecase, of not polluting upstream
> with Debian-specific detail like not llinking OpenSSL.

  If the FreeRADIUS developers agree that linking with OpenSSL is OK,
then it's OK.  I'll post a separate message, and based on feedback,
update the LICENSE file.

> If I maintain a local branch of the
> remote repository, I can then branch off _that_ meaning I only need to
> update against the remote branch once each.

  Monoton does inter-branch diff's & merges *very* nicely

> I'll add Monotone to my list of programs to try, at Alan's suggestion. I
> will also add SVN, but that might take more time to set up access to, as
> I believe it needs its own modules to serve. (Then again, so might
> Monotone and Mercurial. ^_^)

  Monotone has it's own DB.

  Hmm.. I'll see if I can set up a monotone repository on one of my
machines, and keep it updated via a cron job.