FreeRADIUS CVS->{BZR,Hg} migration consideration

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Sep 16 16:31:14 CEST 2005

Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com> wrote:
> Ah, but I want to (for example) run a Debian-archive branch as well,
> in order to keep Debian-archive-specific things

  Monotone sounds useful, then.  I'll talk to Chris & see if I can get
something set up on cvs.freeradius.org.

> I don't think it makes an awful lot of sense to keep this in the
> main FreeRADIUS tree, since I pretty much expect to be (for the
> moment) the only one using it.

  With monotone, you can sync to an external repository, and then keep
a purely local repository for your changes.  If anyone else needs to
see your changes, you can push the changes directly to them, including
history & log messages.