proxy accounting in cvs

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Sep 29 01:28:49 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

> Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
>
>>And this little hack into proxy.c:487 fixes accounting....
>

>   OK, thanks.  Your other issues from yesterday should be fixed in
> today's CVS.

Ive seen it, not tried it yet. Thanks.

>>which truly stinks and something better should be done, such as take the
>>first address bound to, accept a src_ip/interface argument in
>>proxy.conf.......
>

>   Or in a "listen" section, which is the preferred method.
>
>   That may not be hard to add, and I'll see what I can do.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

How does the concept of choosing which address to source packets proxied
  fit in with the concept of choosing which address/port to accept request?

Unlike in the hack I exampled there is no real reason to tie them together.

Also conceivably an admin might appreciate being able to specify
different src addr/ports for different realms.