assert listen.c:573 in -s or -X mode

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Sep 29 20:41:32 CEST 2005

Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> So does this mean that I should not expect to run the (busy) server for
> any length of time in debugging mode without changing max_request_time?

  FreeRADIUS debugging mode (-X) is *not* the same as running the
server inside of gdb.  When you're in gdb, stepping through requests
or breakpoints, the server is stopped *dead* while you're at the gdb
prompt.

  Setting max_request_time to a large value when using gdb will let
you take your time typing in gdb commands, and the server won't clean
up requests that have taken "too long".