selectively enabling experimental modules

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Mon Apr 10 16:56:18 CEST 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Peter Nixon wrote:

> Is there any particular reason why there is no way to selectively
> enable just
> ONE experimental module (At least that I can find)
>
> In my opinion ./configure --with-rlm_sqlippool should enable just
> that module
> and not require  --with-experimental-modules which turns on a bunch
> of other
> unneeded modules (at least for my purposes)
>
> What does everyone else think?

They're usually experimental for a reason.  ;)  I've found it easiest
to just
add the module to the 'stable' list.

Though it might be nice to have a configure argument.  Perhaps
something like:

./confgure --with-additional-
modules=rlm_sqlippool,rlm_perl,rlm_custom_module

One argument, that takes a list.  This makes it easier to include any
custom
modules as well as experimental ones in addition to the 'stable' ones.

-Chris
--
Chris Parker
Director, Engineering

(888)212-0099   Fax (847)963-1302
Wholesale Internet Services     http://www.megapop.net
VoiceEclipse, The Fresh Alternative http://www.voiceeclipse.com

NOTICE: Message is sent IN CONFIDENCE to addressees. It may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary or confidential.