rlm_fastusers?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Apr 14 19:41:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

>   About the only difference is the reload support.  I think the
> solution is to add a "need_reload" entry to each module, or maybe a
> "reload".  The idea would be either that on HUP, the module would be
> able to say "no files change, I don't need a reload", or the module
> would be able to selectively reload the files that have changed.

I've been wondering why the server needs to be reloaded to read in
the users/client files... of course, moving off to SQL based methods
removes the reload requirement but cant the module check the status
of the file and if the file has changed, re-read the file itself
(eg check the modify stamp of the file?)

alan