Google Summer of Code and RadSec?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Apr 20 11:56:59 CEST 2006

Hello,

some of you may be aware that Google is soon launching another instance of
it's "Summer of Code" program.
As I understand it, there is some interest in the RadSec extensions to RADIUS
here, especially Alan spoke in favor of it a few times. And actually there is
going to be a real-world deployment of RadSec with Radiator soon (within a
research group that operates the "eduroam" project, www.eduroam.org). Having
a second implementation of RadSec would be really great, and I think the
Summer of Code might be a good opportunity to introduce RadSec into
FreeRADIUS.

Since I'm not a real expert in the FR Code can't do much more than suggest
that someone of the real developers here likes the idea of being a mentor for
RadSec within FreeRADIUS and applies at Google for the project. As far as
I've understood the SoC rules, you can only win: 500$ for FreeRADIUS and
4500$ for the guy who implements it. You'd have a very motivated developer
(he gets the money only after getting the job done) and a clear timeframe for
getting the resulting code.

Any optinions on the topic?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

RESTENA Foundation - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
R&D Engineer

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg