Suggested feature for rlm_detail: logging only a few specific users

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Apr 24 19:34:29 CEST 2006

Bjørn Mork wrote:

> During debugging of production systems, I've often wished there was
> some way to enable debugging only for specific users.

Indeed.

> I'm posting this here to get some feedback whether this is a good idea
> or if I'm reimplementing something that already exists, or if this
> should go into a separate module.
>
> Comments?

I prefer using a sniffer to track down an issue on a prod system.
I don't like to hack the config files and restart the server.

You might look at "radsniff" in a recent CVS snapshot. It accepts a
filter with the same syntax as a "users" file, and its output is
similar to a detail file.

--
Nicolas Baradakis