broken --prefix=/

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 16 08:51:36 CEST 2006

On Wed 16 Aug 2006 05:16, Frank Cusack wrote:
> On August 15, 2006 7:12:39 PM +0300 Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net>
wrote:
> > On Thu 10 Aug 2006 23:19, Frank Cusack wrote:
> >> On August 10, 2006 1:51:56 PM +0300 Peter Nixon
> >> <listuser at peternixon.net>

> >> Shouldn't that be --prefix=/usr ?  Maybe '/' is discarded as an invalid
> >> prefix.
> >
> > OK. After some more testing it is not --prefix which is broken. It works
> > as expected. However it is now required to pass
> > "--with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb" which was not necessary previously to get
> > things to go in the expected place.
>
> Is that acceptable?
>
> > There does appear to be something still a bit broken on 64bit though. I
> > am using "--libdir=%{_libdir}/freeradius" which as expected builds and
> > installs into /usr/lib64/freeradius/ on 64bit platforms and
> > /usr/lib/freeradius/ on 32bit platforms. However when running radiusd -X
> > on a 64bit install the following happens:
> >
> > Module: Library search path is /usr/lib/freeradius
> > radiusd.conf[1538] Failed to link to module 'rlm_exec': rlm_exec.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Can you verify this with a "manual" build instead of rpm?

OK. I will setup a sacrificial VM later today to test it.

> It works
> correctly here.  I hate to ask, but are you sure you are running the
> radiusd you just built and installed?

Yep. Very sure. Our policy is to only ever install from rpm. We have no
machine running "compiled from source" freeradius, and the rpms themselves
are built on the opensuse buildservice. It is precisely so I don't have
problems with old libs/binaries that I enforce this policy. (That and I can
always easily roll back to an older version if I have problems)

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.0/x86_64/freeradius-snapshot-20060808-14.1.x86_64.rpm
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/peternixon/SUSE_Linux_10.0/x86_64/freeradius-snapshot-devel-20060808-14.1.x86_64.rpm

--

Peter Nixon