broken --prefix=/

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 16 09:02:09 CEST 2006

On Wed 16 Aug 2006 05:16, Frank Cusack wrote:
> > Module: Library search path is /usr/lib/freeradius
> > radiusd.conf[1538] Failed to link to module 'rlm_exec': rlm_exec.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Can you verify this with a "manual" build instead of rpm?  It works
> correctly here.  I hate to ask, but are you sure you are running the
> radiusd you just built and installed?  If all that checks out, it would be
> interesting to see one of the installed .la files.

Hmm.. Even more interesting behaviour.

If I use "--libdir=/usr/lib/freeradius" which was what I "used" to use with
FreeRADIUS due to is ancient build system it does not appear to generate any
*.la files on 64 OR 32bit (at least rpmbuild doesn't find them). If I
use "--libdir=%{_libdir}/freeradius" it does!

Now  "--libdir=%{_libdir}/freeradius" should evaluate
to "--libdir=/usr/lib/freeradius" on 32bit systems anyway so I am at a loss
to explain this behaviour. I will trigger another build now just to test.

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/