building v.1.1.3(cvs) on different systems

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mon Aug 21 20:33:09 CEST 2006

Zitat von Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net>:
> On Mon 21 Aug 2006 15:02, Markus Krause wrote:
> > Zitat von Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > i just tested the building of todays cvs checkout of branch_1_1, here is
> > > what happend (maybe you want to know ;-)):
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > * suse 10.1:
> > >  "rpmbuild -bb" said it needs "libapr0", which i could not find in suse
> > > 10.1. i changed it in freeradius.spec to "libapr1" instead, which seems
> > > to work, at least the build finished without problems and the installed
> > > programms seems to run without errors.
> >
> > in addition the installation of the rpm package of freeradius-dialupadmin
> > fails due to missing php4 packages, although php5 and the respective
> > packages for ldap, mysql, session etc., are installed.
>
> I have just committed a major update to the suse spec file (Backported from
> my
> opensuse build service spec). Please test it as it should fix both of the
> problems you reported (although I am still unsure if dialupadmin will
> actually work with php5, but at least the dependencies should be correct)
hi peter,

just updated from cvs and now the rpmbuild works just straight!

and also the freeradius-dialadmin does install without complaints. actually i
never really used dialup_admin ( i just tested the installation out of
curiosity and to do a complete test), we have our regular users in ldap and our
guests with short term accounts in mysql, but we are using a self-written
webinterface. but even as the testing machine is using php5 dialup_admin seems
to work, at least i was able to enter users and groups and did not see any
error or warning messages. but as we have no accounting data (which besides
might not suit to the needs of dialup_admin anyway) on this machine i can not
test all functionality.

regards
   markus

Markus Krause                                   email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS
by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99                         Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

     This message was sent using https://webmail.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de