PAM_RADIUS Authentication Setup for CentOS4.2

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Thu Feb 23 22:33:10 CET 2006

On February 23, 2006 6:55:24 AM -0800 InCho Chong <imagesincho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> pam_radius can't do that.  I have patches which should make this work,
>> which I could send you.  But the configuration is quite complex.  You
>> may not be up to the task if you're not able to debug your more basic
>> setup.
>>
>> You should try running radiusd with -X to get useful debug information.
>>
> Can you least share some of your insight?  This is typical setup, but

OK, well firstly, add a port (:1812) to the server name in /etc/raddb/server.
This will remove the 'getservbyname' debug messages which are non-information.

Try radtest or radclient (part of freeradius) from your CentOS server and
see if you can talk to the server.  You seem to have a network problem,
not a pam_radius problem.

-frank