FreeRadius not responding to a remote machine

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Jan 13 21:09:40 CET 2006

shan t <tshan77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the hint.. Radius port was not configured in the
> firewall.. Actually this is not mentioned in any of the
> documentation.. How can we miss such a basic step..?

  Because most machines don't firewall all ports.

  The FreeRADIUS documentation *cannot* include instructions for
making the server work on all possible variations of all possible
systems.  At some point, the local administrator must be aware of what
his system is doing and how it is configured.  The FreeRADIUS
documentation describes how to configure FreeRADIUS, not your local
machine.