RADIUS sniffer

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Jan 19 20:16:46 CET 2006

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> I've catched this case in a different manner, but it could be changed:
> If the autoconf test for pcap.h fails, the content of PCAP_LIBS is
> deleted, and radsniff.c isn't compiled at all.

  Sure, that's pretty much equivalent, barring people typing "make
radsniff" on the command line.  But I wouldn't worry too much about
that.

> You're right. I just copy/paste the code to get something that works
> without modifing the files in src/lib, but indeed it can be improved.
> For that purpose I've left the changed code in comments to point out
> what is different.

  Commit it, and we can re-arrange trhe code later.

> That would be good. Ethereal displays a lot more information about
> the packet than I do in "radsniff". But depending on the situation
> it is also annoying to have 50+ lines of text for each packet when
> running "tethereal -V". I like better something that looks like the
> output of "radiusd -X". (and I like better writing a filter rule with
> the "users" file syntax to match a RADIUS packet)

  I agree.  It could also be used as part of a test system, as Joe
pointed out.  Having the ability to test a configuration "live",
without changing the live system is very, very, useful.