rfc2865 and RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema inconsistencies?

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Sun Jan 29 00:20:53 CET 2006

Zitat von Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> [snipped]:
> I also note there are four different LDAP schemas in CVS head. I have
> no idea why we need so many of them.
>
> [sequence changed]
>   RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema
this seems to be used for recent openldap versions ...

>   RADIUS-LDAP.schema
as far as i know this one is to be used for netscape directory server e.g. with
solaris or some older linux distros (found one on an old redhat server).

>   RADIUS-LDAP-iPlanet.schema
for suns version of an ldap server (called sun one directory server, the former
iplanet directory server)

>   ldapv3-iplanet-schema.ldif
this is for suns version of an ldap server which supports loading of schema
files as ldif files while running

the later three file also contain the same "inconsistencies", except that
radiusNASIpAddress seems to be missing ...

so it seems that at least the last two files are needed as there may be someone
who uses freeradius with sun-os/direcrory servers

the file RADIUS-LDAP.schema looks more weired to me, the formatting is quite
strange (just pulled from cvs):
* a lot whitespaces before "single" in many lines (or single in seperate line
starting with different numbers of spaces)

* round line 119  there is no whitespace between "single" and "attribute".

* a lonely "e" in line 124

i really wonder if this file does work! but i am not used to the format so can't
say more about it, sorry ...

with best regards,
   markus