Release 1.1.1 TODO

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Jan 30 18:00:25 CET 2006

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> I don't know if it's too soon to plan a release date for 1.1.1, as
> 1.1.0 has some annoying known problems:

  We can put out 1.1.1 as soon as we have fixes for 1.1.0.

> - an error on x86_64 machines when reading dictionnaries.
> - compilation fails on FreeBSD because of rlm_otp.
> - rlm_eap_peap and rlm_eap_ttls have libtool problems on Debian.

  Those 3 alone should result in a 1.1.0.

> - pull eap fixes from CVS head to address Debian's issues. I found
>   many changes not in branch 1.1 but I've no idea whether they are
>   safe or not:
>   - moved TLS code from rlm_eap_tls to libeap.

  Yes.

>   - removed record_* functions from global visibility.

  Not necessary.

>   - remove the EAP submodule locking.

  Sure, but not necessary.

>   - change autoconf tests for OpenSSL.
>   - put the eap sessions into a tree, so that looking them up is very
>     fast, and no longer O(n) in the number of sessions.

  Not really necessary, but sure.  There should only be 10's of
ongoing EAP sessions at a time, so it's not critical.

>   - if the callback fails, do eap_fail() to get an EAP-Failure message
>     and return reject.
>   - use new hex2bin function to be more forgiving for NT-Passwords
>   - make "use_tunneled_reply" work properly for PEAP

  Yes.

> - fix bug #314 about rlm_otp: the module could have more tests in
>   configure.in so it is silently disabled instead of giving compilation
>   errors.

  Yes.

> - net-snmp patches. (and move #includes from radius_snmp.h to smux.h)

  Yes.
> - maybe undelete the database schema for MSSQL server? We could put
>   the file under src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_unixodbc for
>   example.

  Put the schemas under /doc, or create a /doc/examples and put them
there.

> - maybe back-port the changes in the makefiles in CVS head? It would
>   fix some warnings and make the autoconf/libtool upgrade easier in
>   the future.

  Sure.