rfc2865 and RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema inconsistencies?

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Tue Jan 31 11:42:28 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 08:05:51PM -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
>> I think it would be nice. For now the SQL schemas are not installed at
>> all by the makefiles. In the Debian package for example, Paul has
>> gathered all these orphan files under /usr/share/doc/freeradius/examples.

>   That's OK.  Technically they're not examples if they're required,
> but if/when we make the SQL queries more configurable, the existing
> schemas can be examples.

I figure they're examples because you get things like the pg voip
billing stuff (that I've just noticed isn't being shipped in that
directory); and because you don't _need_ to use them.

I doubt anyone's _actually_ going to start without them, but I myself
have pretty much emptied the supplied rad* (except radacct) tables
because I kept running out of space in my %{sql:} translations, and
wasn't yet a member of the stored-procedure elite.

(I realise it won't scale well. If I wanted to scale, I'd migrate off
mysql anyway... some kind of caching LDAP setup maybe?)

>> We might have a subdirectory doc/schema or doc/something in the source
>> tree, and move the files here with simpler names:

>   Maybe just doc/examples.  We can put examples of the configuration
> files there, too.  i.e. examples of how to configure X, rather than
> text describing how to do X.

I'd have thought those should be one and the same, largely...?

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, Bsc, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/