build error

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Fri Jul 21 23:29:52 CEST 2006

On July 22, 2006 12:15:04 AM +0300 Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> When I build on the openSUSE Build Service I get the following errors
> scattered throughout the build (On all SUSE versions) but the build
> continues, but doesnt make anu .so files.
>

> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/freeradius-1.1.2/libtool --mode=link gcc -release
> 1.1.2 \
> -module -export-dynamic   -o rlm_eap_tls.la     \
> -rpath /usr/lib/freeradius rlm_eap_tls.lo
> rlm_eap_tls.c /usr/src/packages/BUILD/freeradius-1.1.2/src/lib/libradius.la \
> ../../libeap/libeap.la -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lresolv  -lpthread
> rm -fr .libs/rlm_eap_tls.la .libs/rlm_eap_tls.* .libs/rlm_eap_tls-1.1.2.*
>
> *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lcrypto.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> When I build locally I dont get the same errors so, does anyone know what
> dependency I am missing on the build service?

Does the build service run chroot'd or with fakeroot?  Seems some .so
links are missing or symlinks point to the wrong place.

If it's possible to run arbitrary commands or scripts on the build
service, just do a 'gcc -o foo foo.c -lcrypto' to see what happens.

Have you tried CVS branch_1_1?  The libtool there (and in CVS HEAD)
are newer than in 1.1.2 so maybe that will help.

-frank