freeradius and openssl exception

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Thu Jul 27 17:50:32 CEST 2006

Stephen Gran wrote:

> OK, just a quick question, though: is the core freeradius team the sole
> copyright holders?

I think the answer is no because the FreeRADIUS source tree includes
many patches from different people/organizations.

> If you're not the sole copyright holders, of course, you'll need to
> ask for permission from the others, in which case we're in roughly
> the same place, aren't we?

I'm not qualified for legal questions, but it looks different to me.
While the possibility is very low that someone will sue Debian for
redistributing binary versions of the eap submodules, it just doesn't
make sense that someone will contribute something to FreeRADIUS and
afterwards prevent the distribution by the FreeRADIUS project itself.

--
Nicolas Baradakis