1.1.2 is broken if you have closefrom()

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Thu Jun 1 21:13:55 CEST 2006

On June 1, 2006 2:27:11 PM -0400 Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org> wrote:
> Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
>> So on Solaris, it's broken.  src/include/autoconf.h.in#1.66 needs to
>> be imported to the 1.1 branch.  Probably other changes as well.  (1.55
>> is the last change in the 1.1 branch.)
>
>   OK.  Could you integrate those changes?

I would, but it looks like this file is generated using autoheader.
I'm not familiar with that tool.  Looks like Paul and Nicolas know
a lot about that.

>> It's also interesting that the freeradius closefrom() returns int
>> (unlike solaris which returns void), yet no one uses the return value.
>> I'd suggest just having it return void.
>
>   OK.  Other systems have it return "int", so that's what I went with.

Ah.  Well no harm leaving it.

>> I actually wouldn't mind adding some changes to a 1.1.3 release, if
>> this problem warrants a new release.
>
>   Commit the changes, and we'll see about a new release.  I'm not
> opposed, but I'd like to see some features from the CVS head going
> into a stable release.

If you would list the features (perhaps in bugs like for 1.1.2) I'd be
happy to help with integrating.  ('cept for the autoconf stuff which
I'm pretty scared of)

-frank