1.1.2 is broken if you have closefrom()

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Fri Jun 9 13:56:16 CEST 2006

Frank Cusack wrote:

> On June 8, 2006 6:02:44 PM -0400 Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org> wrote:
> >  I'd like to see the diff, or have a description of it first, though.
> >Working with libtool & autoconf is pretty insane.
>
> Yeah.  So what I did is upgrade to libtool and ltdl 1.5.22.  The current
> libtool and ltdl is GNU + changes.

I'm also wary of a new version of libtool and ltdl. I think we should
just pull the libtool stuff from CVS head. This version has been tested
for a while, and it should solve the problem with the $R variable, too.

I also note the autotools versions have to be compatible: libtool 1.4
comes with autoconf 2.13, and libtool 1.5 comes with autoconf 2.50.
Upgrade one but not the other may lead to unpredictable results.

And finally, the autotools upgrade won't change the behaviour
of the resulting binary, therefore I don't mind calling the next
version 1.1.3.

--
Nicolas Baradakis