proxy_fail_type attribute

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed Jun 14 17:19:47 CEST 2006

Geoffroy Arnoud <garnoud at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I just get the last CVS update, and I discovered a "hidden" attribute in mainconfig.c, name "proxy_fail_type".

  There's lots of hidden features in the code.

> - Am I right (or near to the truth)?

  I think.  I don't recall, thhough.  I haven't looked at that code in
a while.

> - Has anyone used or is anyone using this feature on production deployement?

  Not that I know of.

> - Is this feature planned to be shipped in 1.2.x?

  I'm looking into updating some of the module code to integrate
proxying into the normal module failover handling.  That should remove
the need for that hidden config option, and expose a much better way
to do the same thing.

> If I'm right about the behaviour, we may plan to deploy this feature
> (and therefore test it). So this leads me to another question: what is
> the best to do? Take last stable release and patch it to get the
> functionnality or take a CVS snapshot?

  If the patch applies to the latest stable release, I'd suggest using
that.  The CVS head has ongoing work...