Release 1.1.1 TODO

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Mar 8 13:56:42 CET 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   Ok.  I've added a bunch more trivial fixes, and have one question.
> doc/Makefile was updated to install the docs under
> share/doc/freeradius/ rather than shared/doc/freeradius-$(VERSION).
> Why?  Everything else under share/doc is version dependent.

Since a "make install" put the libraries and the executables in
version-independent directories, I was thinking it'd be more
consistent to have the docs under share/doc/freeradius. It doesn't
make a lot of sense to overwrite /usr/sbin/radiusd during install
but keep old documentation in shared/doc/freeradius-old-version.

However it's only my personal opinion, therefore I'd change it
immediately if needed. I apologize because I didn't ask the list
before changing doc/Makefile.

I also note on a Debian system the documentation is to be found
in the directory /usr/share/doc/${package} and not
/usr/share/doc/${package}-${version} but of course we have no
obligation to do that in FreeRADIUS.

--
Nicolas Baradakis