Config file varable substitution.

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Mar 17 20:03:13 CET 2006

I am working on a program to read the config files.

I have now got it doing pretty much what I want, but need a little
more information that is provided in the docs and config files.

>From the man page on radiusd.conf I found that variables can be named :

${section.subsection.name}

I have tentatively made an assumption that named instances use the
instance name rather than the section or subsection.

Please check the examples below and let me know if my assumptions
were correct.

Thanks in advance.

Examples:

Global		[checkrad] => /usr/local/sbin/checkrad

checkrad = ${sbindir}/checkrad

Section		[security.max_attributes] => 200

security {
        max_attributes = 200

Subsection	[modules.ldap.net_timeout] => 1

modules {
        ldap {
                net_timeout = 1

Instance	[modules.IPASS.format] => prefix

modules {
        realm IPASS {
                format = prefix
] => prefix