lib/filters.c returning incorrect length filters

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed May 3 16:23:26 CEST 2006

"Mike Mitchell" <mitchell.michael at bigpond.com> wrote:
> I'll try to set up a clean install and retest, but I'm pretty sure the
> behaviour I have observed is as stated. By analysis:

  Yes, I understand.  But I don't think the *server* has a problem,
other than the sizeof(filter) in the CVS head.

> In earlier versions of the file, yes I agree. But in CVS HEAD (version 1.45)
> it compares sizeof(filter). Unless my winCVS has gone wacky. It changed
> going from 1.42 to 1.43.

  I'll fix that.

> Understood! The change may not be 100% necessary. In our case, the filters
> are still applied (Juniper ERX)

  Ah... then it's a bug in the Juniper code.

  Ascend created these things, and the Ascend boxes support 32-byte
filters.  If Juniper has re-implemented support, they probably are
more restrictive than Ascend.

  In any case, a module could hack the attributes to have the correct
length, and do so for specific clients.