lib/filters.c returning incorrect length filters

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed May 3 18:54:08 CEST 2006

"Alan DeKok" <aland at nitros9.org> writes:
> "Mike Mitchell" <mitchell.michael at bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> Understood! The change may not be 100% necessary. In our case, the filters
>> are still applied (Juniper ERX)
>
>   Ah... then it's a bug in the Juniper code.
>
>   Ascend created these things, and the Ascend boxes support 32-byte
> filters.  If Juniper has re-implemented support, they probably are
> more restrictive than Ascend.

I don't know anything about Ascend's implementation, but this is how
Juniper documents using the Ascend-Data-Filter attribute on the ERX:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose71/swconfig-policy/html/policy-mgmt-apply5.html

which I add up to a variable length from 28 to 108 bytes.

Bjørn