ident.h (was: Automatic report from sources ...)

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Nov 14 22:27:33 CET 2006

On November 12, 2006 6:26:21 PM -0500 Alan DeKok
<aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
>> Take a look at src/modules/rlm_otp/ident.h .  It provides an RCSID
>> macro which prevents elimination of the rcsid var with gcc -O2.
>> Thus making the rcsid actually useful.
>
>   Sounds good to me.

Updated in HEAD ... whew.  It's too much work for me, I'm not going
to do the 1.x branch.  However if any other stuff from HEAD is merged
into 1.x "sloppily" so as to require the RCSID macro (which is likely
since CVS merging is so poor) then the first person to do that should
import the ident.h header at the same time.

I wasn't able to test that every module still builds; some of them
don't build on my platform.  But I don't expect any problems.

Next week I plan to merge the libtool/ltdl changes from 1.x to HEAD.

-frank