[Devel] Re: fix for Radius failed query logging

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 16 23:58:24 CET 2006

Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> wrote:
> OK. This _looks_ like a RADIUS accounting packet, and the patch doesn't look
> horrible, but with the exception of the following in RFC 2866 I can't find
> anything mentioning "Acct-Status-Type = Failed" as being valid:

  "Failed" looks to be implementation-specific.  The patch isn't too
bad, but hacking FreeRADIUS to add vendor-specific workarounds is
something we try to avoid.

  On the good side, we plan on making some changes to the SQL module
that make the patch unnecessary, but will still have the functionality
you want.

> Based on which RFC does SER generate RADIUS accounting packets
> with  "Acct-Status-Type = Failed"?

  My suggestion for OpenSER is to avoid "Failed", if at all possible.
The standards don't say what it means, so it doesn't mean much...