Radiusd-radrelayd config file naming

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Oct 2 14:37:03 CEST 2006

Peter Nixon wrote:

> My next suggestion for 2.0 was actually going to be that we
> rename "radiusd.conf" to "freeradius.conf" (or freeradiusd.conf)
> and "etc/raddb" to "etc/freeradius" as default. Does this suit you?
> (A simple rename of radiusd.conf on upgrade is not particularly difficult,
> given that many options on the config file have also changed)

The Debian package already sets the raddbdir to "/etc/freeradius". Of
course it's OK for me to rename "radiusd.conf" to "freeradius.conf",
too. The only problem I see is it may rise many questions on the users
mailing list.

> Our default prefix should probably change from /usr/local to
> /opt/freeradius/ also in keeping with LSB. (Although I understand that
> this may be a slightly controversal change)

Speaking personally, I think it's a good thing to be standard, and I'd
like to see this change, too. I also understand that a lot of users
may be disturbed by such a change, so I don't really know what should
be done in this case.

--
Nicolas Baradakis