Bug on Accouting-Requests proxying

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 08:49:21 CET 2006

>   The solution is simple.  The server SHOULD NOT retransmit accounting

> packets.  I will delete the code in the next release.

Maybe can you explain us why it SHOULD NOT retransmit accounting packets? Are you talking of not retransmiting at all - or computing a new ID for retransmitted packets?

Can one think of a configuration parameter to activate/deactivate  retransmission of accounting packets instead of completely removing the code?

Our implementations of FreeRADIUS need to retransmit all types of packets, so I think we may remove Acct-Delay-Time attribute and submit a patch - even if the patch is not shipped in future releases.

Geof.