Configurable Logging

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Sep 22 15:20:51 CEST 2006

On Thu 21 Sep 2006 14:58, Peter Nixon wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> We are about to start work on a patch to allow FreeRADIUS to do
> configurable logging for certain events. The plan is to allow Auth OK, Auth
> Fail, and similar events via a proxy to be configured.
>
> This will be configurable in the following manner (Similar to SQL queries):
>
> log-auth-login-ok= "Auth: Login OK: [%{User-Name}] (from
> client %{Client-Ip-Address} port %{NAS-Port} cli %{Calling-Station-Id}
> did %{Called-Station-Id})"
>
> Does anyone have anything to contribute before we start?

OK. No replies, so here is there patch.

The upside of this patch is that you can use any radius attribute in
auth/proxy logs. The existing format can be achieved with:

log_auth_format = "[%{User-Name}] (from client %C port %{NAS-Port}
cli %{Calling-Station-Id})"

The only downside (so far) is that if a variable like Calling-Station-Id is
non existant in the request you will see "cli " in the line. With the
existing system you wont see the "cli" word at all.

Is anyone vehmently against this patch or should I go ahead and commit it?

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/