EAP-SIM Failed in Authentication

Pramila A apramila at TechMahindra.com
Wed Aug 1 15:16:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have installed Free Radius Client/Server. I just would like to use SIM
Authentication. I have Modified the Conf file accordingly. Brought up
the Radius server successfully and when I try to bring the client with
command line arguments radeapclient -x localhost auth testing123
<eapsim-in.txt where the eapsim-in.txt there under tests/eapsim03
directory. Client sending the Message, but it is failed in the Server
saying that no RAND attributes and cannot initiate sim authentication.
Where client is  receiving the Access Reject Message.

Please guide me what format I have to use to initiate SIM
Authentication.

Here is the eapsim-in.txt file looks like:

User-Name = "eapsim"

NAS-IP-Address = marajade.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

EAP-Code = Response

EAP-Type-Identity = "eapsim"

Message-Authenticator = 0

NAS-Port = 0

EAP-Sim-Rand1 = 0xabcd1234abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234

EAP-Sim-Rand2 = 0xbcd1234abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234a

EAP-Sim-Rand3 = 0xcd1234abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234ab

EAP-Sim-Sres1 = 0x1234abcd

EAP-Sim-Sres2 = 0x234abcd1

EAP-Sim-Sres3 = 0x34abcd12

EAP-Sim-KC1 = 0x0011223344556677