Small feature request.

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 17:22:46 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if it was possible / easy , to make RowID available as
>> the request attribute Client-Uniqueid.
>>

>   If it can be returned from an SQL query, sure.

It should be already with the default query.
>> We could use Pcket-Src-Ip-Address , but as the IP address in the
>> database in split into four fields (ip1,ip2,ip3,ip4) , one for  each
>> octet, it requires the address to be split using a regular expression,
>> prior to querying (which is not exactly an ideal solution).
>>

>   That's not hard to do, and doesn't take too much CPU time.

No true, it's more reusing the information.
I suppose I could great some VSA attributes called-station-ip-octet1,
called-station-ip-octet2, etc.
But doing it with the returned ID would be cleaner.

PS, almost finished with the mac, just got to the software updates and
stick xcode on it, else you won't be able compile anything :)

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer