Bugs installing 2.0pre1

Humberto Diogenes humberto at digi.com.br
Sat Aug 18 14:55:31 CEST 2007

On 18/08/2007, at 07:58, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> ah. you should checkout the CVS to be on-the-ball with fixes since
> pre1

Yeah, I thought that, but when trying to get the repository URL from
www.freeradius.org it wasn't accessible. I still can't open it now.

It seems to be a problem with the web server only - FTP is in the
same IP address and is working fine. Anyway, got the url now from
google cache.

>> # What does this mean?
>> !!!    Replacing User-Password in config items with Cleartext-
>> Password.     !!!
>
> exactly what it says ont he tin.
>
> 'User-Password' is now deprecated. use 'Cleartext-Password' instead
> as the
> value. its in the main docs (and i think the wiki got updated.
> comparison

(Did any text disappear here?)

> Cleartext-Password := "h4ppy_-_ch1ck3n"

   There isn't much about it in /doc:

$ grep -r Cleartext .
./cisco:   !root   Cleartext-Password := "somepass"
./ldap_howto.txt:# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn,
should
./rfc/rfc3748.txt:        7.14. Cleartext
Passwords . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55
./rfc/rfc3748.txt:7.14.  Cleartext Passwords
./rlm_sql:  joeuser        Cleartext-Password      :=       somepassword

   But I found it in the wiki. Gonna read it and try again later.

Thanks!

--
Humberto Diógenes
http://humberto.digi.com.br